CREDETIAL EVALUATION– Federal skilled workers
Starting in May 2013, all people applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) must get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) of their completed foreign educational credentials.
If you are only submitting a Canadian educational credential, you do not need to do this.
An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a completed credential in Canada.
You must have such an assessment if you:
- are a principal applicant, and
- got your education outside Canada.
Your education must be assessed against Canadian standards by one of the organizations designated by CIC (below).
· Comparative Education Service
· International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
· World Education Services
· Medical Council of Canada (professional body)
· Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body)