Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) Applicants
The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) is designated by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada as of January 6, 2014 to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) for Principal Applicants intending to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) for immigration to Canada and for whom Pharmacist would be the primary occupation for their application to immigrate to Canada.
As of May 4, 2013, pharmacists are not categorized as an “eligible occupation” under the FSWP. New applications from pharmacists are only processed under the FSWP if the applicant has a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada. For pharmacists who applied under the FSWP before May 4, 2013, applications are processed according to the rules that were in effect at that time.
On behalf of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), PEBC is responsible for assessing the authenticity and equivalency of the primary pharmacist qualification – the candidate’s pharmacy degree. After PEBC has completed the Document Evaluation process, PEBC will generate an ECA Report which will be mailed directly to the candidate. It is the candidate’s responsibility to submit the ECA Report to CIC, since CIC only accepts original assessments directly from applicants.
Document Evaluation fee: $530CAD
Online application payment options: Visa or MasterCard (credit card only)
Offline application payment requirements within Canada:
· Certified Canadian cheque, bank draft or money order
· Canadian dollars only
· Payable to PEBC or The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
· Currently dated
· Properly signed in space provided on front of payment
· DO NOT SUBMIT U.S. funds, cash or personal cheques (they will be returned to you if you do)
Offline application payment requirements outside of Canada:
· International money order or bank draft
· Drawn from a Canadian bank
· Transit number of the bank printed at bottom of bank draft or money order, using standardized Coding
· Clearance method must be through the clearing system in Canada and not by collection
· If your payment does not meet these requirements the bank will return it to PEBC and you will be charged a $50CAD fee to cover the bank charges
Your receipt will be sent with your Document Evaluation results letter.
PEBC reserves the right to change the fee for Document Evaluation at any time, as required.
CHECKLIST & MAILING INSTRUCTIONS
A checklist has been provided that you will need to sign, date and include with your application. Please go through it carefully in order to double check that you are including all of the information required. If all of these instructions are not followed we may have to ask for documents to be resubmitted which could cause you to miss the deadline.
You must send in your completed application form and documents via regular mail or via courier services to:
The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
717 Church Street
Toronto, ON M4W 2M4 Canada
They do not accept faxed or e-mailed applications.